Volunteer Opportunities at Friends Village
Make a difference in the lives of others
Volunteers are essential to everyday life at Friends Village.
Our culture is enhanced by the talents and skills of our volunteers who assist with various activities and events within our community. Our volunteers give the most treasured gift of all: their time.
Volunteering in our Friends Village retirement community provides profound satisfaction. If you have some time to give or are considering a career in aging services, we have an opportunity that’s just right for you. Do you have a special skill or talent you would like to share? Perhaps providing companionship is something you might enjoy.
Give back by sharing your time and talents
Whatever your passion, you can find a rewarding opportunity where you’ll make a difference. Our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Personal visits with residents for conversation, playing games, reading, etc.
- Sharing a special talent of yours, such as music or singing
- Walking with residents in the courtyard to enjoy the outdoors
- Assisting with arts and crafts, gardening, discussion groups, coffee hours, etc.
- Helping with teaching technology use — iPhones, iPads, Androids and computers
- Assisting with bingo and Wii bowling events
- Acting as a reception greeter
- Participating in our pet visitors program
- Offering pastoral support
- Providing companionship through our Hospice program
- Offering occasional assistance with office work, e.g., data entry or filing
These are just a few of the many possible volunteer opportunities with Friends Village. To learn more or to volunteer, please email VolunteerFriends@FellowshipLifeInc.org or call 856-823-0242.
Our Life Plan Community offers many opportunities within a healthcare and nonprofit setting. Volunteer hours can be used to enhance resumes or to complete internship/observation requirements for many career tracks.